Advanced Connective Tissue Formula Plus
14 oz Powder
Advanced Connective Tissue Formula Plus provides nutrient-dense support for skin and connective tissue health.* A professional supplement with Collagen Type I & III, micronized for maximum dissolution and assimilation by the body, this powerful combination of Alpha- Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid and Biotin along with the hydration and lubrication properties of dietary Hyaluronic Acid makes Advanced Connective Tissue Formula Plus ideal to support the natural mechanisms of the body that promote connective tissue and skin health.
Micronized, hydrolyzed collagen type I & III is a bioactive protein that provides naturally balanced ratio of 19 concentrated amino acids to support the metabolic needs of collagen producing cells.
Hyaluronic Acid is one of the body’s most water loving molecules and present in almost every tissue in the body. Approximately 50% is located in the dermal and epidermal layers of the skin and connective tissue.* Hyaluronic Acid is a major component of the skin, eyes, hair follicles and scalp tissue. Hyaluronic Acid also plays a role in the complex process of wound healing, tissue hydration and lubrication in the extracellular matrix.*
In the body, Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) is a naturally-synthesized compound however levels decline with age. Dietary Alpha-Lipoic Acid, an antioxidant, helps support the natural mechanisms of the body that combat inflammation.
- Formulated in an-easy-to-dissolve powder – just add water!
- 12,000 mg micronized-hydrolyzed collagen type I & III with 19 amino acids, the building blocks of the body and collagen as an important structural protein in the body.*
- 200 mg dietary hyaluronic acid – found naturally in every tissue in the body and known as nature’s moisturizer*
- 50.5 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid – found naturally in the body and helps combat inflammation*
- 4 water-soluble vitamins; vitamin C, vitamin B12, folic acid & biotin; found naturally in the body and helps support collagen synthesis, promoting skin and connective tissue health*
- Flavored with natural tangerine juice powder and natural flavoring
- Sugar-free, sweetened with naturally-derived erythritol and stevia
- Manufactured in California under strict cGMP guide-lines
- Clean formulation and free of gluten, dairy, sugar, soy fillers & preservatives
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, representing approximately thirty percent of its dry weight and a constituent of most connective tissue including skin, bones, tendons and cartilage. Connective tissue is the most common type of tissue; supporting, and anchoring a diverse assortment of tissues that need to work together in the body.
On a daily basis, the body repeats a cycle of collagen breakdown and rebuilding. At about the age of 25 yrs., collagen starts to break down faster than it can be replaced with collagen levels in the body declining by 1 – 1.5 percent annually.
Collagen production starts with the assembly of alpha-chains which are comprised of a high percentage of the amino acids proline, glycine, hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine.
Collagen fibers are bundles of fibrils throughout the extracellular matrix and each fibril is comprised of numerous collagen molecules. Collagen synthesis requires very specific amino acids and Vitamin C (as a co-factor) to initiate a cascade of events that lead to the development of collagen bundles.
Aging is associated with a loss of skin suppleness and reduced volume in facial bones, the physical support for the skin and a contributing factor to the onset of sagging skin.